The Koch company can look back on many decades of tradition: Richard Koch founded his mechanical engineering workshop in 1946 in Oberfrohna and manufactured spare parts, small machines and chucks for watchmaker lathes with 3 fellow journeymen.
His son, master engineer Dipl.-Ing. Werner Koch took over the operation in 1974. Chucks for watchmaker machines and small lathes, special machines for the needle industry and naturally also so-called "trade rationalisation tools" were the main items manufactured until 1989.
Since then the operation has established itself as company with the latest equipment and it now employs 20 staff. The company has trained apprentices for many years in order to ensure that there are always qualified specialist apprentice.
In 1998 the operation relocated to its new premises in the Kändler industrial estate, a district of Limbach-Oberfrohna. This was extended in 2008 and the previous production area of 750 m² was almost doubled.